Welcome to Digital Ag at UGA
The UGA Digital Ag program focuses on integrating and leveraging the capabilities of precision agriculture, digital technologies and data science to improve agricultural efficiency, productivity and sustainability.
Our goal is to share research-based information on ag technology and data utilization that enables more precision and data-driven decisions on the farms.
- Read about the Inaugural Integrative Precision Agriculture Conference
- Listen to Dr. Virk on UGA College of Ag’s podcast, “Cultivating Curiosity“:
- New article: Spraying Tips for 2023 (Southeastern Peanut Farmer, pg. 16)
- Join Our Team!
- New research paper published on spray deposition and quality assessment. Check it out in research publications.
- New Video Posted – Ranger Nick: A Tool to Help with Precision Agriculture (Farm Monitor)
- Check out the new episode on FarmBits podcast – Ep. 90 Spray Drone Dynamics
- Meet our newest team member, Trace Larimer!
Extension Precision Ag Blog
- Broadcast spinner spreaders are one of the most common and widely used application equipment for lime and granular fertilizer. The importance of proper spreader calibration for accurate fertilizer applications has been emphasized many times and it is always good to see growers putting the time and effort into performing a calibration on their spreaders. However, […]Read More
- With corn planting underway in some parts of the state, the 2023 planting season is officially here and will be in full swing over the new few weeks. That also means if you have not already, this is the perfect time to perform a thorough inspection and get that planter ready for the field. During […]Read More